Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Public and Private Kink

Mister Man and I have been kicking around the idea of playing at the next kink party. It got me thinking. What do I want to do? Likely percussion play. Maybe, eventually, suspension. Needle play even. I love the way needle corsets look.

Since practically my first play party, I've been intrigued by wearing a collar on the end of someone's leash. It intrigues me and makes me uncomfortable at the same time. I feel like I'm intruding on something private, whenever I see a couple in this arrangement.

I'm not objecting to those who attend a party on the end of a leash. If it works for you, good on ya! Rock out with your cock out, as Mister Man likes to say.

It just puzzles me that I do find it uncomfortable, when watching all sorts of other intimate acts does not. And it's not like I'm not an exhibitionist. There are things I enjoy doing in public. But apparently submission is not one of them. Who knew?

2 comments:

phadras said...

When going to a public play party there is some level of inclusion implied. If you go expecting not to see poeple engaging in the act of their kink, then don't go. Part of the public scene is being out in public doing what other would only do behind closed doors. It't not for everyone, but I don't think it offends those who are their and accept what the public scene is all about. I would love to see you lead around on a leash at the next party. It would be a nice comming out as it were.

Teardrop said...

Woops, I neglected my blog!

I agree that you shouldn't go if it bothers you that much, and it doesn't. Bother me that much. It just made me feel "weird," and I wanted to give some thought to what the weirdness was all about. I think at this point, I can bottom in public, but not really submit in public. Certain things just make me feel too vulnerable.